Hair Loss Treatment
Alopecia, commonly known as hair loss, is a disorder that originates due to interruption in the body’s hair production cycle. Hair loss treatment can occur on any part of the body, majorly affecting the scalp area.
Alopecia can be temporary or permanent depending upon the reason for hair loss. It may be a result of heredity, hormonal changes, disease, or some medical conditions.
What are the Causes of Hair Loss?
The most common causes of hair loss
- Hereditary hair loss (may begin as early as puberty)
- Traumatic events
- Hormonal changes like pregnancy, childbirth, discontinuing the use of birth control pills, menopause
- Medical conditions like thyroid disease, alopecia areata, scalp infections like ringworm
- Diseases causing scars, such as lichen planus
- Due to medications used in treating (cancer, high blood pressure, arthritis, depression, heart problems)
- Physical or emotional shock such as a death in the family, extreme weight loss, a high fever
- Some hairstyles that put pressure on the hair follicles (by pulling the hair back very tightly)
- An imbalanced diet lacking protein, iron, and other nutrients
Signs and Symptoms of Hair Loss
In men: thinning of hair on the scalp, a receding hairline, & a horseshoe-shaped pattern leaving the crown of the head exposed
In women: general hair thinning at the crown of the head,
In children and adults: complete loss of all body hair, sudden loss of patches of hair, patches of broken hairs, incomplete scalp and eyebrow hair loss, excessive shedding of hair, various illnesses and drug treatments, rapid weight loss, anemia, or stress
Some common symptoms of hair loss disorders
Androgenetic alopecia: gradual thinning on top of the head
Alopecia areata: circular and patchy bald spots
Telogen effluvium: rapid loosening of hair after pregnancy, any disease, or some medication
What is Hair Loss Treatment?
Hair Loss is a common problem and can be treated with the latest hair transplant and restoration treatments.
Before deciding on any method, it is best to consult a dermatologist or a hair surgeon. At Delhi Medi Clinic, under the supervision of Dr. Mukesh Manjhi, you will get answers to all your hair loss queries.
Some of the treatment for hair loss includes
- Simple medications
- Hair transplant procedures
- Non-surgical treatment