Acne is a very common skin condition that causes bumps mostly on the face, forehead, chest, shoulders and upper back part of your body. They show up due to a variety of causes including genetics, fluctuating hormone levels, stress, high humidity, and using oily or greasy personal care products. The most affected age group is teenagers, but they can occur at any age. Acne Treatment is a condition where the pores of your skin are blocked by hair, sebum, bacteria, or dead skin cells. The problem of acne mainly affects teenagers and young adults undergoing hormonal changes. A lot of people continue struggling with acne into their 20s, 30s, and beyond. Some of them even develop acne for the first time as adults.
Different Types and Forms of Acne
- Blackheads: open bumps on the skin filled with excess oil and dead skin. The dark spots are caused by the irregular light reflection off the clogged follicle.
- Whiteheads: bumps that remain closed by oil and dead skin.
- Papules: small red-pink inflamed bumps.
- Pustules: pimples that contain pus. They are like whiteheads surrounded by red rings which can cause scarring if picked or scratched.
- Fungal acne (pityrosporum folliculitis): formed due to excess yeast development in the hair follicles. They can become itchy and inflamed.
- Nodules: Solid pimples that are deep in your skin. They are large and painful.
- Cysts: pus-filled pimples that can cause scars.
All of these forms of acne can affect your self-esteem and lower your confidence. It is best to seek help from a good dermatologist and get the best treatment option(s) for you accordingly.
What causes acne?
Acne is majorly a hormonal condition that is driven by androgen hormones. They typically become active during the teenage and young adult years. Sensitivity to these hormones, combined with surface bacteria on the skin and fatty acids within oil glands can result in acne. Certain things that can cause acne or make the condition worse are fluctuating hormone levels around the time of a woman’s period, picking at acne sores, clothing, and headgear (hats and sports helmets). Certain weather conditions (especially high humidity), air pollution can also lead to acne or other skin problems. Pimples can develop by using oily or greasy personal care products (heavy lotions, creams, hair pomades, and waxes) or working in an area where you routinely come in contact with grease or oily substances. Stress increases the hormone cortisol which can also cause acne to flare.
Treatments are customized according to the stage and condition of the acne problem. Different factors lead to different treatments and thus different procedure times. Here are some acne treatment
- General care: minor acne problems can be managed with general skincare like proper face wash and proper care.
- Medical treatment: medical treatments include oral and topical medications which are prescribed by your dermatologist or skin specialist according to the need of your skin.
- Organic Peeling treatment: Organic peeling is one of the best treatments for acne/pimples. The treatment not only cures the problem of acne but also corrects the color and texture of the skin.
- Laser Treatment: Laser treatment is mainly for acne scars. Visit Laser for acne scar page.
Acne is a skin ailment that is painful and upsetting. Finding the apposite acne treatment according to your acne type is like finding a needle in a haystack. At Delhi Medi Clinic, we understand your needs and with our team of skin specialists, we will be the helping hand you need. With a team of highly experienced dermatologists and surgeons & the latest techniques and medical equipment, we ensure you the best acne treatment in Delhi.